The Growing Warriors Project is a program to train, assist, and equip veteran families with the skills, tools, and supplies needed to grow high quality naturally grown produce for their families, their communities, and their country. This is an opportunity for veterans to serve their communities in a new roll - as true nation builders - literally from the ground up - family by family and region by region.
The Growing Warrior Project is a partnership that includes veterans, civillians, and organizations. The intention is to bring these partners together to work as one. A driving force to help develop a local reliable food system.
Growing Warriors Veteran Outreach Coordinator Mike Lewis, speaks at Kentucky Agricultural event.
News from the Farm
- Photo(s) added: Lunchbox Peppers September 21, 2013
- New recipe: Garden Relish August 4, 2013
- New recipe: Gazpacho August 4, 2013
- New recipe: Refrigerator Dilly Beans August 4, 2013
- New recipe: Green Bean and Tomato Salad August 4, 2013
- New recipe: Green Beans with Tomatoes and Basil August 4, 2013
- New recipe: Indiana Succotash August 4, 2013
- New recipe: Kohlrabi Fritters August 2, 2013
- Acres of Harvest Newsletter Issue #11 July 22, 2013
- New recipe: Greens Storage Tips July 22, 2013